Sunday, January 22, 2012

Busy Start to Spring Semester

Life throws you curves, last weekend I was in Florida with Peggy and Debbie Bell at the College Preparatory Invitational in Wellington FL, and this weekend I am bundled up at home with a cold and icing my back which decided that the misery of a cold needed company! Meanwhile while I am laying around (I am icing my back as I type) the equestrian program has been really busy.


  • Lessons started early this semester so we can finish early and focus our energies on IHSA Nationals which we are hosting in Raleigh in May in 2012 – there will be lots more about that in the coming months.
  • Riding Council organized a cleanup of Hasty Road this Saturday which was well attended and the road is now beautifully clean. (Why do people throw trash into nature, do they do that in their houses too? Yuk!)
  • Scot Evans is teaching a clinic this Sunday/Monday for the hunter seat riders – always an interesting and inspiring opportunity.
  • Riding Council is organizing horse cleanup for our first IHSA hunter seat show of the spring semester which is scheduled for Feb. 4th.

 As for me, it’s back to the chiropractor and work tomorrow! Can’t wait to be busy again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment