Friday, March 20, 2015

The St. Andrews Way

Guest blogger Cami Glaff for Equine Business Management class

Taking a moment to pause from this busy and exciting semester, we take a look back on the St. Andrews Equestrian Program and all that it has accomplished. While the Hunter-Seat, Western, and Dressage are all their own being within our program; we have learned to come together as one entity; to help support and cheer on one another. I talked to the Captain of the Western Team, Katie Mosca, about their year and how she feels about being a part of this program, “I really enjoyed my experience as a member of the program, because you always feel a part of the events. Whether it’s helping with your personal team or one of the other two teams; you know that your contribution matters”.  

Moving forward, through this semester there are many seniors that are sad to see the time fly by and feel lucky to have been part of such a close-knit community. Nikki Napoleone, the current President of our Riding Council gave me insight to how she feels about this year, “Being a senior, I’m seriously going to miss see my little family everyday. I feel our year went really well. I’m so proud of all the teams and what they have accomplished. We are all capable and talented riders and it is so nice to see everyone grow and prosper. Although, we are three separate teams we all come together as one- especially on show days”.

Thinking back on my four, very short years here at St. Andrews; I realize how amazingly blessed I have been. This team has become my family and we have been through thick and thin, and have come to support one another both in and out of the show ring. I love the way we push one another and always strive for the best. Though from afar, we may look like three separate communities; at our core we are one family with one goal. To be the best that we can be, it’s the St. Andrews way.



No comments:

Post a Comment